Friday, January 13, 2012

The Year of Fearless Knitting



October 2011 marked 2 years since I have learned how to knit. In that time, I have made about 50 bajillion scarfs (that is the scientific number), a few pairs of slippers, some hats,
some robots, and a few odds and ends. In that time, I have had my fair share of incidents as well. Sockgate 2010 comes to mind, but that is a separate post. There was also the Mohawk hat incident, but again, I think it deserves it's own post. These incidents have made me leery, cautious, and afraid to branch out to anything new. However, I
am changing all that. This is the year of fearless knitting! I am not going to be held back by worrying that I don't know how to do it. That is why they call it learning.

Here are some things I already have queued up for 2012:





The Op Art Blanket:


Technique I Didn't Know: Knitting With Two Circular Needles & Colorworking

The Audubon Shrug:



Technique I Didn't Know: Garment Construction


The Akeno Sweater:


Technique I Didn't Know: Garment Construction & Colorworking
(This particular sweater was promised to my husband in Spring of 2010)

A Sock:


Technique I Didn't Know: Sock Knitting
(More about this in the Sockgate 2010 post)

Finally, this year, I will conquer the Mohawk Hat:

Technique I Didn't Know: Felting
(More about this in the Mohawk Hat Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment