Thursday, January 19, 2012

Op Art Blanket

My Op-Art Blanket is coming right along. I am really enjoying working on it. A lot of the reviews of the pattern said they thought it got very tedious, especially the purl rows. I enjoy the simpleness of the blanket because I can work on it while doing other things- chatting with my hubby or watching TV. I think the purl rows go almost as fast for me as the knit rows do. I was thinking about that and I think part of the reason for that is because I knit "Continental" style rather than "English" style. Because of this, my purl rows go faster. I am relieved that I learned how to knit Continental because most people have to learn it to do color-work and I already know it.


The weirdest thing that I have noticed about this blanket is that it calls for 3 skeins of each of the two colors. I am probably 1/2 way through my first skein of pink and my first skein of brown, but I am really far into the blanket. Unless I am seriously underestimating the amount of yarn the largest rows will require then I feel like I am going to have a lot of leftover yarn. I guess we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment