Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mother's Day Flowers

So last year for Mother's Day, about a week before I got the bright idea to make knitted flowers for my mother and my mother-in-law. I poured through patterns on ravelry and ruled out roses, they were too complicated. I finally found a pattern that I liked that seemed pretty simple. I decided I would make a dozen of red ones for mother-in-law and a dozen pink ones for my mother. I went out and bought a nice cotton in all of the colors I needed. I sat down and started my first flower. About halfway through, I realized I would never got 24 done in my time frame. The flowers, while not complicated, were still time consuming and the cotton was rough on my hands. So I ended up with three knitted flowers in a bud vase for my mother-in-law:


My mother ended up with a knitted glasses case and an I.O.U. that I have yet to fulfill. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment