Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Knitiot Savant

I have always been a bit of a dabbler...a hobby collector if you will. I am an artsy person and have spent my entire life surrounded by artsy people...now I am married into an extremely artsy family. I have always wanted to do different crafts and always tried different crafts and while I enjoy them, I have never been all that gifted at them. My craft room can attest to my various hobbies- painting, beading, scrapbooking. I enjoy all, yet excel at none. In October of 2009, I asked a very close friend to teach me how to knit. I was always impressed with her knitting skills and wanted to try it. I didn't, however, hold out much hope as my mother's two previous attempts to teach me to crochet did not end in success. I gave knitting a try, and much to my surprise I was good at it! It was something that I just "got". Armed with the basic knit and purl stitches, I made my way to youtube and continued to teach myself. While I am by no means claiming to be an expert, I don't think I am half bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment