Sunday, March 18, 2012

Melted Crayon Art




This weekend I decided to go ahead and try the Melted Crayon Art that I keep seeing on www.pinterest.com. The above picture was my inspiration.

I thought the project was relatively simple. I took the crayon wrappers off complete
ly and hot-glued each crayon to the top of the canvas. That was the most tedious part. I started using my crafting heat gun to melt them and it was taking forever for them to melt. Deven let me borrow his garage heat gun and that made things go MUCH quicker. This was definitely an outdoor project, as there was a lot of dripping. Overall, I am very pleased with how it turned out.


Here is the finished product. Deven was nice enough to draw the silhouettes for me. I love how it turned out!
Here it is hanging on the wall. I have to get another canvas and some more blue crayons, and I will be making it a companion.


3 comments:

  1. I love this project! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative :) I love the colors and how the couple with the umbrella ties into everything. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get the crayon to melt around the umberella?

    ReplyDelete